Blog : Time to sign-up to AROnline

Get chatting on AROnline

Get chatting on AROnline.

Now we’re running on our shiny new web platform, it’s time for you guys to get more involved. You may have noticed that a the bottom of the right hand menu, there’s a section called ‘Control’ where you can sign-up to AROnline. This section’s in here for your benefit – and if you want to comment on any of the stories, sign-in here, and you won’t go through the tedious process of having to enter your name and email address every time you do it.

But beyond that, we’ve installed a new chat system which you can use to get in touch with us. Obviously, for the next few weeks (and months… and months…) while I get the content off the old site and on to the new one, I am going to be on it rather a lot. So, er, say ‘hello’ and help keep me motivated in what is going to prove to be an enormous migratory task…

So, come on, sign-up and join-in. AROnline needs you.

Posted in: AROnline, AROnline Blogs

Created www.austin-rover.co.uk in 2001 and built it to become the world's foremost reference source for all things BMC, Leyland and Rover Group, before renaming it AROnline in 2007. Is the Editor of the Parkers website and price guide, formerly editor of Classic Car Weekly, and launch editor/creator of Modern Clsssics magazine. Has contributed to various motoring titles including Octane, Practical Classics, Evo, Honest John, CAR magazine, Autocar, Pistonheads, Diesel Car, Practical Performance Car, Performance French Car, Car Mechanics, Jaguar World Monthly, MG Enthusiast, Modern MINI, Practical Classics, Fifth Gear Website, Radio 4, and the the Motoring Independent... Likes 'conditionally challenged' motors and taking them on unfeasable adventures all across Europe.

10 Comments on "Blog : Time to sign-up to AROnline"

1. Adrian says:

Do we have to chat in Latin then?;)

If that’s your tipple of choice. Either that or Klingon 🙂

3. Andycolm says:

Is it a different username and password than the one for the forums Keef?
    I cant make it work, as usual 🙂

What can’t you make work? Signing into this or the forum?

5. Andrew E says:

Well I am logged into this thing. Dunno what it does, but I’m sure its good mind. However the dashboard stuff does put me off so, at least I tried!

Bah. I posted a comment a while ago using the “Chat” function. Or maybe I didn’t? As an I.T. ludite (being on the cusp of the I.T. generation) I have no idea what the chat function serves? Keith the blog above completely neglects to say how it functions. Could you expand? At the moment it is like “open bonnet, change engine, close bonnet”

Yes I am wearing a stove pipe hat typing this!

Andrew,

Er, that’s a tough one. I know you’re a clever chap, so I do struggle to understand your difficulties with a chat function.

But rather than me waffle on about it – here’s an FAQ.

All I would say is that it won’t suit everyone, but as long as we give people as many options as possible then that’s fine by me… And we do that – there’s feedback in here, a forum, a Facebook Group and Twitter community. And email links everywhere. So I think we have that covered. 🙂

/K

Keith, thanks I will have a browse. We can still FAX Aronline right 🙂

Aye: 01234 567 8910

10. Mike Humble mike humble says:

Too many digits for the above Bedford phone number!