Torcars Princess Estate
The Torcars Princess was sold through the franchised BL dealer network, and was covered by the BL’s Supercover warranty.
The text and pictures below have been taken from the Torcars brochures.
A Torcars conversion designed to meet the growing demand for five-door saloons – and what a fifth door this is! The original sleek wedge profile is completely retained, but raise the rear door, helped by twin gas pressure struts, and an enormous loadspace is revealed with what is probably the largest estate car aperture available on any European car.
The already impressive specification of the Princess range is further enhanced in estate form:
- A fully-folding rear seat system transforms the car into an estate when needed, but the plush comfort of the original Princess seating is not lost – even the armrest is there.
- External airflow extractor grilles are fitted to the rear quarter pillars to ensure effective ventilation throughout the car.
- Electrically heated rear window.
- Wash-wipe system for the rear screen is fitted as standard.
- Fully carpeted luggage area.
- Rear mud flaps complete the package.
The Torcars Princess Estate is ideal for all your needs. A family car, even 5 adults can travel all day in comfort, refined executive express, quiet, smooth and sumptuous, and a load carrier of generous proportions. With the rear seat lowered there is a load length of nearly 6 feet (yes, you can sleep in comfort too), a load width averaging 4 feet, a load height of nearly 3 feet, and an overall carrying capacity of 54 cubic feet (assuming Denovo wheels and tyres are fitted requiring no spare wheel).
The Torcars Princess Estate is available in 1800 or 2200 engine sizes, with manual or automatic gearbox to the customer’s choice. A range of optional extras are available to suit your requirements.
Click here to see an original advert for the Torcars Princess.