By 27 February 2010 0 Comments Read More →

Delivery miles SD1 on sale in Europe

KEITH ADAMS

New Rover 2600 on sale in Switzerland

New Rover 2600 on sale in Switzerland

In the market for a Rover 2600, and have a spare £12,000 burning in your pocket? Then how about this ‘new’ and unregistered Series 2, which has just hit the market in Switzerland.

It has a mere 566km on the clock, and although it’s hardly new having been built in 1984, it remains unregistered, and therefore you’re looking at getting hold of what is effectively an unused SD1…

For more information, visit Autoscout24, and thanks to Juerg Schopper for the tip!

Juerg Schopper

Editor and creator AROnline at AROnline

Latest posts by Keith Adams (see all)

Posted in: AROnline News, MG Rover

Created www.austin-rover.co.uk in 2001 and built it to become the world's foremost reference source for all things BMC, Leyland and Rover Group, before renaming it AROnline in 2007. Is the Editor of the Parkers website and price guide, formerly editor of Classic Car Weekly, and launch editor/creator of Modern Clsssics magazine. Has contributed to various motoring titles including Octane, Practical Classics, Evo, Honest John, CAR magazine, Autocar, Pistonheads, Diesel Car, Practical Performance Car, Performance French Car, Car Mechanics, Jaguar World Monthly, MG Enthusiast, Modern MINI, Practical Classics, Fifth Gear Website, Radio 4, and the the Motoring Independent... Likes 'conditionally challenged' motors and taking them on unfeasable adventures all across Europe.

No Comments on "Delivery miles SD1 on sale in Europe"

The price of a Kia Bland Box ,its tempting.

2. Paul says:

Very tempting. Swap the steering column with the passenger air vent and its RHD as well!

3. Paul Taylor Paul T says:

If it is unregistered and unused, how the heck did it manage 400 miles???

Wonder where its been for the last 25 years? Its not as if SD1s were common in Switzerland in 1984 – I lived there then, and hardly saw any ARG products, ever. Innocentis, yes, but Austin-Rover was handled by the Subaru importers and you never saw them from one month to the next.

5. Richard Gelder says:

Jonathan Carling :
    …Its not as if SD1s were common in Switzerland in 1984 – I lived there then, and hardly saw any ARG products, ever. Innocentis, yes, but Austin-Rover was handled by the Subaru importers and you never saw them from one month to the next.

I have a 1984 Maestro 1300HL that was new in Switzerland. It has an air injection system to clean up the exhaust emissions (Like fitted to the Austin America) that I have yet to see on any other Maestro 1300 in the UK or from anywhere else in Europe! I was impressed Austin Rover went to the effort of producing a unique set up for the Swiss market Maestro…I can’t image they could ever have thought it was going to be a big seller.

Back to the SD1…a lovely car and sure to fetch a good price. Where else will you find a ‘new’ SD1 in 2010?

@Richard Gelder Haha – must be unique Richard!

@Simon Woodward
    Ive just got another Kia and I own one of these!

@Andrew Elphick
    Sorry, I was little harsh -to be honest the current crop of Kia’s don’t look too bad.

9. Jemma says:

Looks suspiciously like it might be one of the SE models – if it is its even rarer if thats possible. I wonder if all the electrics work?

I had a 2300SE in dark blue – barge of a thing – in which I found out why RWD & diesel on the road dont match. I was only doing 30mph and I hit the verge hard enough to knock me out.

I hope someone gets this that will look after it – not rag the guts out of it. If I had a spare £12k I would go for it myself.

@ Simon – to be honest I have always liked the Kia Magentis, sorta like the Jag MkII – good spec & fair performance for a bargain basement price… but think on this – Renault Safrane 2.5i Auto £27000 – BMW 5-series – to the same equivalent spec – £48900!… I drove both of them and I wouldnt touch a BMW if you presented me with the keys and begged me to take it…

I have a feeling that we are hitting the second wave of import cars that will redefine things. in the ’70s & 80’s we had the datsuns & hondas etc.. now we have the Kia’s & Hyundais. Hyundai coupe vs. £50k Lexus sc430 & the Hyundai won… I think thats what they call a hint..

Magentis sounds like a strange tropical disease!@Jemma

11. Russell K says:

@Jemma. You’ve got to be kidding. “Renault Safrane 2.5i Auto £27000 – BMW 5-series – to the same equivalent spec – £48900!” Just what Safrane & BMW did you drive? If you were on about the pre-2000MY, then 48k is early E39 M5 money and easily high specced V8 540i and you say the Safrane was better? Hmmm. In my opinion, all Kias, Hyundais or whatever are nasty and should be avoided.

12. Erik Loye says:

Be ware, some time ago a “new” ’91 Alfa 75 1,8 was on the marked. It had been stored in Sardinia, Italy, at a defunct Alfa dealership.
    As it had never been registered it can’t be registered now as it doesn’t conform to current EU regulations.
    But a nice find.
    Erik

Can’t you SVA then like a kit car or a grey import? @Erik Loye

14. Russell K says:

@Simon Woodward
    You probably can get an age-related plate for it. I bought an unregistered ’02 Elise in late ’05 and it got an ’02 plate. Being a Rover, the build cert. should be easy to obtain.