Metro Owners Club goes live

Metros of all shapes and sizes are welcome in the Metro Owners Club.

Metros of all shapes and sizes are welcome in the Metro Owners Club.

The Metro Owners Club has been up and running for nearly a year – mainly as an online community. However, as of the 1st February 2009, it’s going to expand to become an official Owners’ Club organisation and, to celebrate the event, there will be a Launch Party at Longbridge Vicarage from 1.00pm on the 1st February.

You’ll be able to meet other members and their cars, as well as join the Club. There will also be a small Autojumble, refreshments and screenings of Metro-related films.

The Club caters for all Metros from 1980-1998, including Austin, MG, VP, Rover, 100, vans – all the varieties you could possibly think of. The Club is very diverse in people and cars and members have cars ranging from basic City models to the roadburning MG 6R4.

The aim of the Club is to help preserve this oft-overlooked part of British motoring history. The Club has already held a number of events, including the annual Metro birthday bash, which is held at Q-Gate Longbridge (see picture).

For more information, visit or contact the Club’s Media Secretary, Grant Parker, on 07929 969972.

Posted in: AROnline News, MG Rover

Created in 2001 and watched it steadily grow into AROnline. Is the Editor of Classic Car Weekly, and has contributed to various motoring titles including Octane, Evo, Honest John, CAR magazine, Autocar, Diesel Car, Practical Performance Car, Performance French Car, Car Mechanics, Jaguar World Monthly, Classic Car Weekly, MG Enthusiast, Modern MINI, Practical Classics, Fifth Gear Website, and the the Motoring Independent... Likes 'conditionally challenged' motors and taking them on unfeasable adventures all across Europe.

23 Comments on "Metro Owners Club goes live"

1. alasdair says:

i have a dunlop hydrolastic unit for sale brand new never used still in box,i know that now adays they need to be recon at a price of about £300,if anyone is intrested

2. Could the following be altered on this page as Grant is no longer associated with the Club
    “or contact the Club’s Media Secretary, Grant Parker, on 07929 969972.”
    “or contact the Club Secretary, Jack Thornton, on 07753 818169.”

3. MM says:

I have a new (unused) carburettor from a Metro 1 litre A plus engine, any reasonable price considered, would like it to go to an enthusiast.

Also have the AR Metro workshop manual as issued to dealers, issue date of about 1987, very very superior to the Hyanes manual, again any reasonable offer accepted

4. Marc says:

First visit to this site, very interesting.

I have for sale a 1996 Rover Ascot finished in Tahiti Blue with Beige cloth trim. Only covered 12,000 miles from new with MOT December 2015 (no advisories) Was recorded as Category C total loss 2006 with subsequent VOSA approved inspection.
    Lovely condition with service history. Complete with owners book pack and two sets of keys/immobilisers. Offers in the region of £995. Located Sussex.
    Please contact Marc on 0754 000 1979.

5. Jill Beck says:

Hi, my dads recently passed away leaving his cherished Rover 111 GSI it was first registered in 1996 and owned for 2 years by the garage owners daughter, dad bought it in 1998 and has cared for it ever since.
    It passed its MOT first time in May and has only 53,327 miles on the clock.
    Would any body be interested in buying it from us?

6. william kay says:

Hi im looking for a front anti roll bar for my austin metro 1275 1990, has anybody got one i could buy or tell me where I could get one as I have been struggling to fine one on the internet

7. D.HILTON says:

I Have a Metro Cabriolet rover 114 very tidy new hood fitted M.O.T can you
    tell me what it worth and have you any body in your club that might be interested
    in it. D .Hilton

8. Eddy Horley says:

I have a 1983 Metro Special with only 20,000 miles and has be in a garage for the last seven years and not used, before then it only went out to have an M.O.T. then put back in garage colour is brown and gold with sunshine roof looks in very good condition and has alot of paper work to go with it would anybody be interested ?
    Many Thanks
    Eddy Horley

9. Keith Bradfield says:

I am trying to obtain a front near side indicator cover (clear plastic,triangle shape) for a 1991 Austin Metro . Can anybody please advise me where l can get one.

10. Don Jones says:

My late dad had a beloved Austin Metro that’s been long gone. Recently my mum asked me to clean out his old tools and I think there is a dynamo/alternator still wrapped in plastic that he never got to use. I went to bin it and then thought perhaps someone could use it, plus there’s a few odds and ends, points, condensers etc. I don’t know if any of it is working but It seems wrong to throw it out.
    So if any enthusiast would like it I’m not looking for money, perhaps just postage
    Anyway I’ll give it a week
    Don Jones

11. Roger Heath says:

My wife has a 115D 1995 Metro, which she has owned from new,
    with only 60,000 miles on the clock (true mileage).
    Due to arthritis and no power steering, she has reluctantly to say goodbye to a friend and would like it to go to someone who might care for it. Is anyone interested. 5 good tyres new fuel tank.
    and a very sweet engine. MOT 3rd August taxed end July.

12. Matthew Harrowven says:

I have a 1989 Rover Metro Advantage 32k miles, that i have dry stored for the past 10 years, while slowly doing little bits to it to get it back to its original condition.

I now however have an opportunity working abroad and I no longer will have the space for it.

I am only the 3rd owner on the car, The reason i have kept it this long is because it was my first car and wanted to hold onto it for ever, however it does require to much of my time now and i would love an enthusiast to take it to where i couldn’t.

I’m based over in Norfolk, and would be open to a sensible offer?

Any more questions or pictures or wanting to view, please let me know.

Many thanks

13. Garry Nash says:

Rover 100 Ascot 1997 with just 18000miles?

My mother has owned this vehicle from new – she has just given up driving so this carefully maintained example is now available to a second owner!

The vehicle is located in Chalfont St Peter (SL9)- email if interested and photos will follow

14. Dave says:

Hi, I have rover 100 kensington (1995) genuine 13000 miles
    been in a garage for almost 20yrs.
    just had its 1st ever mot passed without any adviseries.
    original mats excellent condition.
    Offers by email, I am in Birmingham.

15. Hi I have some items that my dad has had in hi garage for years.
    He used them on metros and rovers when he worked on cars at home.
    I have photos of them if required from what I can make out they
    Are co2 and other equipment.
    Sun VPT 250
    Co2 exhaust infared analizer CA2
    Sun QST 104
    TI crypton
    Any one interested please email me ile have them as collection only sorry

16. Peter says:

Old green Rover 111 GSi with 100K on clock with nearly new tyres and needing work to the coolant pump. We have had it since 10K. I was going to scrap it but I thought I might ask if anyone wants it first.

• Gavin says:

Does the car have any MoT, and what is its general condition? I’m not in a position to take it on, but there may be others who would like it.

17. peter thomas says:

hi want to get rid of a 1995 metro soft top abandon prodject been dried stored new top petrol tank all welding done 2 owners from new 80 000 miles contact 01507450913 open to offers based lincolnshire

18. peter thomas says:

can antbody help to get car gone to a good home to good to scrap pete

19. Kenny says:

I used to have a mini metro repair centre in the 90s based in Edinburgh and still have a considerable quantity of spare parts for metros from 80-89 that have been in storage since. I have some new wings, bumpers, front panels etc and most mechanical parts. Plus many second hand parts as we scrapped many cars over the years. Also there is a hydro gas machine and suspension fluid. I am now looking to offload these parts as I am needing the space for other storage. Just wondered if any of your members may be interested in these parts. I am willing to accept a very reasonable offer for all the stock if someone is willing to collect them. If you would be interested I can arrange to get pictures or to show someone personally the stock.

Kind Regards