News : Rolls-Royce celebrates its 100th
One hundred Rolls-Royce motor cars, from 1911 until the present day, were displayed in the Courtyard at the Home of the super luxury car manufacturer in Goodwood, West Sussex.
The cars were presented by members of the Rolls-Royce Enthusiasts’ Club, who joined VIPs, media representatives and neighbours from the three local parishes for a day of celebrations. Over 500 guests enjoyed seminars on the production of the Spirit of Ecstasy and Bespoke Design, an exhibition by celebrated photographer Rankin inspired by the Spirit of Ecstasy, a manufacturing plant walkabout, Grand Picnic Lunch and English Afternoon Tea.
The celebration concluded with a cavalcade of all 100 cars around the Goodwood Motor Circuit led by a new Phantom Drophead Coupé – a truly historic moment that will be long remembered by everyone who took part first hand or witnessed it. The cars then continued on their journey for a weekend of Club celebrations in the New Forest, concluding with a Concours d’Elegance at the National Motor Museum at Beaulieu. The display included the entire Phantom and Ghost families, provided by Rolls-Royce Motor Cars.
‘The Spirit of Ecstasy is perhaps the most famous automotive icon, gracefully adorning the prow of Rolls-Royce models past and present,’ said Torsten Müller-Ötvös, Chief Executive of Rolls‑Royce Motor Cars. ‘We were delighted to welcome our guests, and particularly our friends from the Rolls‑Royce Enthusiasts’ Club and their magnificent motor cars, to the Home of Rolls‑Royce for our historic celebratory day.’
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars will reveal details of further Spirit of Ecstasy inspired initiatives and events throughout the second half of her centenary year.