News : UK production up in September
Strong September sets scene for 2012
- Car manufacturing rose by 7.5% in September and is up 4.8% over the first nine months of 2011.
- CV output rose by 6.2% in September, but was down 2.7% over the January-September period.
- UK engine production rose by 6.6% in September and is up 5.0% over the year-to-date.
“September saw a 7.4% increase in UK vehicle manufacturing, confirming a positive trend we expect to continue into 2012,” said Paul Everitt, SMMT Chief Executive. “Major new investment by vehicle manufacturers is opening up opportunities for UK-based suppliers, helping to drive the economic recovery and private sector investment.”
Click through to download the full UK automotive manufacturing news release.
Is the Editor of the Parkers website and price guide, formerly editor of Classic Car Weekly, and launch editor/creator of Modern Clsssics magazine. Has contributed to various motoring titles including Octane, Practical Classics, Evo, Honest John, CAR magazine, Autocar, Pistonheads, Diesel Car, Practical Performance Car, Performance French Car, Car Mechanics, Jaguar World Monthly, MG Enthusiast, Modern MINI, Practical Classics, Fifth Gear Website, Radio 4, and the the Motoring Independent...
Likes 'conditionally challenged' motors and taking them on unfeasable adventures all across Europe.
Latest posts by Keith Adams (see all)
- Concepts and prototypes : Metro saloon - 8 August 2017
- Our Cars : Keith’s Civic – and out with the Mondeo - 5 August 2017
- History : BMC/BL/Rover Timeline – 1952 to 2005 - 31 July 2017