An all-new Jaguar XJ will make its public debut this July – and today saw the preview and release of the first official information about the new car.
Speaking at Auto Shanghai 2009, Jaguar Cars Limited’s Managing Director, Mike O’Driscoll, confirmed that:
– the all-new XJ will go on sale at the end of 2009 – but will officially be revealed in London on the 9th July, 2009.
– the all-new XJ is the first car to feature the next-generation of Jaguar’s aerospace-inspired aluminium body architecture.
– all of Jaguar’s new ultra-efficient Gen III petrol and diesel engines will be available in the new XJ, including the already acclaimed V6 diesel and 510 bhp supercharged V8
– there will be a choice of standard or long wheelbase models.
– the all-new XJ will introduce the highest standards of personal luxury and specification, including a panoramic glass roof.
Full details of the all-new XJ including prices will be revealed on the 9th July, 2009 and orders for delivery in early 2010 will be taken from that date. Dependent on market, the all-new XJ will be in dealerships from the end of this year.
Latest posts by Clive Goldthorp (see all)
- Concepts and prototypes : MG ZT-T 4WD – what might have been… - 6 December 2017
- History : Brand ownership - 21 November 2016
- Blog : Will MG’s slow boat to Europe hit Hinkley Point or the Brexit rock? - 29 August 2016