A spokesman for Jaguar and Standard-Triumph said the Girling dispute was not affecting their production, but the position was being watched. Three other motor industry strikes ended yesterday. At a lunchtime meeting strikers at the S.U. carburettor factory at Erdington, Birmingham, decided to resume work immediately so that negotiations on their dispute could take place at factory level.
In Coventry strikes which started on Monday at Jaguar and Standard-Triumph International ended. Production returned to normal.
The three strikes that ended yesterday all began on Monday.
- STRIKE no.1 was by 400 Jaguar workers in Coventry.
- STRIKE no.2 involved 100 Standard Triumph workers in Coventry.
- STRIKE no.3 was by 100 workers at the SU Carburettor factory in Birmingham.
- Concepts and prototypes : Hyundai/Rover Oden (1992) - 9 November 2023
- Opinion : So, maybe the Montego was the best they could do… - 8 November 2023
- The cars : Austin Montego (LM11) development story - 7 November 2023