– Robust first half of 2014 for UK car manufacturing, with volumes up 3.5% to 791,314 units.
– June output rose 3.7% to 136,419 cars, driven by 16.5% growth in production for UK market.
– UK industry benefits from raft of new model introductions, with more anticipated in coming months.
Mike Hawes, the SMMT’s Chief Executive (pictured above left), commented: “UK car production continued its steady growth in June, leading to a first half-year increase of 3.5%. With several manufacturers having started assembly of new models this year and billions of pounds of investment still to reach production fruition, this is an exciting time for the UK automotive sector. However, with this growth comes a need to bolster the domestic supply chain and address major skills shortages; both of which the UK industry is committed to addressing.”
|Car manufacturing||Jun-13||Jun-14||% Change||YTD-13||YTD-14||% Change|
- Concepts and prototypes : MG ZT-T 4WD – what might have been… - 6 December 2017
- History : Brand ownership - 21 November 2016
- Blog : Will MG’s slow boat to Europe hit Hinkley Point or the Brexit rock? - 29 August 2016