Strong September sets scene for 2012
- Car manufacturing rose by 7.5% in September and is up 4.8% over the first nine months of 2011.
- CV output rose by 6.2% in September, but was down 2.7% over the January-September period.
- UK engine production rose by 6.6% in September and is up 5.0% over the year-to-date.
“September saw a 7.4% increase in UK vehicle manufacturing, confirming a positive trend we expect to continue into 2012,” said Paul Everitt, SMMT Chief Executive. “Major new investment by vehicle manufacturers is opening up opportunities for UK-based suppliers, helping to drive the economic recovery and private sector investment.”
Click through to download the full UK automotive manufacturing news release.
Is the Editor of the Parkers website and price guide, formerly editor of Classic Car Weekly, and launch editor/creator of Modern Classics magazine. Has contributed to various motoring titles including Octane, Practical Classics, Evo, Honest John, CAR magazine, Autocar, Pistonheads, Diesel Car, Practical Performance Car, Performance French Car, Car Mechanics, Jaguar World Monthly, MG Enthusiast, Modern MINI, Practical Classics, Fifth Gear Website, Radio 4, and the the Motoring Independent...
Likes 'conditionally challenged' motors and taking them on unfeasible adventures all across Europe.
Latest posts by Keith Adams (see all)
- News : UK new car sales hold steady in July - 6 August 2018
- News : UK car manufacturing falls back in June - 31 July 2018
- The cars : Austin Allegro (AD067) development story - 30 July 2018