Strong September sets scene for 2012
- Car manufacturing rose by 7.5% in September and is up 4.8% over the first nine months of 2011.
- CV output rose by 6.2% in September, but was down 2.7% over the January-September period.
- UK engine production rose by 6.6% in September and is up 5.0% over the year-to-date.
‘September saw a 7.4% increase in UK vehicle manufacturing, confirming a positive trend we expect to continue into 2012,” said Paul Everitt, SMMT Chief Executive. ‘Major new investment by vehicle manufacturers is opening up opportunities for UK-based suppliers, helping to drive the economic recovery and private sector investment.”
Click through to download the full UK automotive manufacturing news release.
- Opinion : New Nissan Qashqai – why us Brits should get behind it - 19 June 2021
- Our Cars : Keith’s Rover 75 Tourer starts to take shape - 19 June 2021
- All the cars I’ve owned : Austin Allegro 1500 Super - 7 June 2021