Lighting the way to Safety and Style
AROnline has long campaigned that being seen in variable lighting conditions is a fundamental part of avoiding accidents – and advises that drivers should have their lights on all the time, day or night. Standard fit DRLs are slowly addressing this issue, but as new cars take time to filter into the main car population, and some find the stylised presentation of certain cars’ set-ups as being distasteful.
Ring Automotive has introduced a new Apollo lamp, which is a dual function LED DRL, combining enhanced daytime styling and visibility with a night time styling function. The circular design of the Apollo lamps compliments the design and styling of most cars. Most importantly, it doesn’t look like you’re trying too hard with your retro-fit DRLs.
Apollo DRLs Key features.
- Dual Function Daytime Running and Night time styling function.
- Automatic switching unit enables the lamp to come on when the ignition is started.
- Can be retro fitted simply and easily to many vehicles.
- Road legal – E marked to ECE Reg87 and ECE Reg 7
More at Ring Automotive’s website.
Is the Editor of the Parkers website and price guide, formerly editor of Classic Car Weekly, and launch editor/creator of Modern Classics magazine. Has contributed to various motoring titles including Octane, Practical Classics, Evo, Honest John, CAR magazine, Autocar, Pistonheads, Diesel Car, Practical Performance Car, Performance French Car, Car Mechanics, Jaguar World Monthly, MG Enthusiast, Modern MINI, Practical Classics, Fifth Gear Website, Radio 4, and the the Motoring Independent...
Likes 'conditionally challenged' motors and taking them on unfeasible adventures all across Europe.
Latest posts by Keith Adams (see all)
- Blog : Rover 75 shown to the world – and torpedoed - 21 October 2018
- Concepts and prototypes : MG Rover RDX60 (2000-2005) - 21 October 2018
- The cars : MGF and TF development story (PR3) - 2 September 2018