Well, it never takes me long, but I plan to blow my resolutions for 2011. I’d originally said:
1) Own a CityRover. I have a real blindness with these cars – everyone seems to hate them with a passion, but I’d love to own one and prove all of the naysayers wrong.
I’d still like one of these and this one may still happen. I like the neat IDEA-styled body and the down to earth rugged nature of the thing, but I suppose there are higher priority matters in my motoring life. We’ll see, then – but, if one comes along at the right price, it could take over the duties that my Audi 80TDI are currently performing so well.
2) Build up AROnline. The website will be ten years old late in 2011 and it would be nice to continue expanding it to include a wider range of cars as well as move over to a CMS system. That’s happening, even if it is slower than I’d like it to be.
It started out promisingly at the end of 2010, but I need some inspiration when it comes to formulating the new site layout. Any suggestions from you? What would you like to see in? What wouldn’t you miss if it disappeared?
3) Find a good home for my Polski-Rover SD1. I’ve put my heart and soul into this project and, now it’s complete, I feel the need to move on. Er, looking at Point 4), this looks a bad idea, but um… I’d like to replace it with a Citroen SM.
No, no, no. I have a great fleet of classics right now (Alfasud, Ro80, Saab 900T16 and the SD1), with the SD1 performing admirably as the flagship. SM ownership slipped through my fingers and I reckon that I might have been saved from a world of heartache. Here’s the revised plan… in order of preference: get the Ro80 home, fix the cooling issue, MoT it; then dig out the ‘Sud from its resting place and get it back on the road, which means freeing off the brakes, sticking a new clutch slave cylinder and coil on it. And enjoying!
4) Stop buying cars I don’t need. See Points 1) and 3) but my crap car buying fixation did slow down in 2010 and I’d like that trend to continue in 2011. Sadly, I know that I need to keep avoiding K-Series power given my rotten luck!
5) Be better at answering emails. I’m really sorry if you’re one of those people who’ve emailed me during the year and who didn’t receive an answer. I get a lot but don’t get as much time as I’d like to reply. I will work harder on that.
I’ve been doing okay at this so far 🙂 .
I might come back to that list in April just to see how I fared…