The ongoing drama of my Saab 9000 Aero has been something of an irritation – you may recall that I lost it after leaving it with a garage in the south for repairs… And when it was recovered, I found the windscreen surround was absolutely knackered, and the interior had suffered from the ravages of a being lived in by a local cat…
Well, after a couple of long weekends, it’s beginning to look like a car again. I’ve repaired the screen surround, repainted the entire area, taking great attention to make sure all the rust has been cut out and plenty of anti-corrosion treatments have been used all over. When the screen went in, I made sure it was done properly, and the job wasn’t rushed.
Then, once it was all in, it was a case of ensuring that I left the car a day before moving it, and reinstalled all the trim around it.
And now it’s in one piece again.
The paintwork still needs sorting, and I suspect I really need to push the party responsible for its poor storage – something that I am in the process of now. But it’s good having the old girl back and, after some private ground running, I am still impressed how quick the old thing is.
Glad I listened to all those people who persuaded me to stick with it.