Well, after over one year of thoroughly enjoyable ownership, the 75 is to be moved on to – hopefully – someone who will continue to pour in the love and affection these truly great cars deserve. For no other reason than a change, I am after something slightly retro and interesting to run as a second car.
Everything that ever needed to be done or improved on the Rover has done so and I was flattered at the many comments the old girl received at last year’s Pride of Longbridge. As mentioned before, I never intended to keep the car but slowly and surely, it got under my skin as these motors tend to do.
It has benefited from a whole host of upgrades or refinements that include a proper rock solid head gasket and bottom end modification – genuine wood dash conversion – 225/45/18 Hairpin alloy wheels… the list goes on and on. Current mileage is around 74,000 miles and has six months’ tax and an MoT ’til well into April, 95 per cent of its service history and everthing – and I do mean everything – works on the button, too. The colour is Moonstone Heritage Green with Bourbon and Sandstone trim, all the usual Club SE refinements are there which include:
- Dual zone Auto climate control – re-gassed last June
- All round electric windows and power mirrors
- Remote locking & Imobiliser
- RDS Rad / Cass with glovebox six-disc CD Changer
- Two Tone perforated leather steering wheel – brand new
- Recent cambelt and tensioner jockey
- Chrome mirror caps
- Torpedo Badges
- Lower edge satin black paint treatment
- Earlier chrome boot plinth
- Fully serviced just a few weeks ago including oil / filter and OAT coolant change
- Plus much much more – contact me for the full SP
DANA Reinz six-layer MLS head gasket with stronger lower rail fitted and higher tensile head bolts with new cam seals and carrier re-sealed to form a seriously spotless leak free engine – it’s cleaner than new!
Not perfect in body but very very tidy and presentable indeed with a spotless interior to die for. the car drives superb is mechanically spot on and looks beautiful. May consider a reverse part-ex for something older and interesting ARG wise, but the first £1200 gets you one of the best driving, imposing looking and mechanically granite-tough Rover 75s around.
Serious and I do mean serious enquiries only, picture collectors and strokers look elsewhere. This car simply must go to a loving owner or you’ll have me to answer to!
07904 456043 or email me here
Moving on to Rover and then PSV / HGV, he has circumnavigated most departments of dealerships including parts, service and latterly - the showroom. Mike has owned all sorts of rubbish from Lada to Leyland and also holds both Heavy Goods & Public Service Vehicle licences, he buys & sells buses and coaches during the week. Mike runs his own automotive web site and writes for a number of motoring or commercial vehicle themed publications
Latest posts by Mike Humble (see all)
- News : Tom Karen awarded OBE in 2019 New Year’s Honours List - 30 December 2018
- Video of the Week : MG Montego (1985) - 30 December 2018
- Our Cars : Mike’s Saab 9-3 Vector Convertible - 29 December 2018